Fluff & Fold Laundry Service Available During Coronavirus Crisis
March 25, 2020
Dear Valued Customers,
We are all in this coronavirus situation together. We hope everyone is healthy, safe and secure. Margaret¹s is making adjustments to our policies to best serve our valued customers during these troubling times. We know most of our customers generally have a home staff to assist with general laundry that is sometimes referred to as Fluff & Fold (F&F).
Why Fluff & Fold and How Much Does It Cost?
Margaret¹s does not typically offer Fluff & Fold service, however we have been informed by many of our customers that for the time being they are without or operating with a minimal home staff and asked if we could help with laundry. Thus, we have made adjustments and are gladly offering a Fluff & Fold service temporarily. Because we have less labor, processing costs and packaging involved, Fluff & Fold is priced substantially less than Margaret’s typical pricing. Please just ask for a price list.
What items are included in Fluff & Fold?
Typical items for Fluff & Fold include your regular laundry items most often done at home including towels, under garments, bathrobes, bathmats, warmup suits and daily wear garments such as shorts, jeans, t-shirts, and sweatshirts.
What items aren’t appropriate for Fluff & Fold?Clothing you normally dry clean is not included in this service including designer clothing and items constructed of fine fabrics such as silk, cashmere, wool, etc.
What processes are and aren’t done with Fluff & Fold?
Appropriate items will be steamed to minimize any wrinkles; however there will be no pressing. Imagine that your household staff has washed and dried items at home and then carefully folded the items to be put in your bureau drawers or closet shelving. Now the washing, drying and folding is temporarily done by Margaret’s laundry team and home delivered for you folded and ready to wear.
We have added additional virus safety protocols beyond typical Fluff & Fold service to assure effective treatment.
- For articles presumed to be unaffected, there is a 24 hour staging wait-time prior to beginning processing, providing a time for any possible virus to expire.
- The drying temperature and times are closely monitored to be well within the effective range as recommended by the CDC.
- Where appropriate, sanitizing agents are added to the chemistry.
- In the case of bedding (the items of most concern) an additional step of dry cleaning is performed in addition to laundry to assure the highest degree of effective remediation.
- Each customer’s items are processed individually. Only one customer¹s items are put in a machine at a time.
- Customers who have members in their home with coronavirus must notify Margaret’s ahead of time. Additional safety protocols based on CDC information include a five-day quarantine prior to opening bags as well as a two-week turnaround.
Please let us know if you have any additional needs that we can assist with. We will do our best to accommodate you.
Thank you for your loyalty and business and may you and your loved stay healthy.
The Staff and Owners at Margaret’s