Monday, March 23, 2020
With the spread of Coronavirus we are letting our customers know we are open and continue our delivery service. Our store hours are shortened but we will are running our routes on their regular schedules. For the safety of our customers, your families and staff, along with our staff and their families, we will be implementing a Virus Safety Protocol which will be detailed below.
We know these are trying times for everyone and we hope we can alleviate any concerns you might have with your garments and households. Our cleaning processes have been proven effective against viruses and we will be taking additional processing steps to even further assure the safety of your family, staff and your items.
With the California “Stay at Home Order” we realize some households will be without their housekeeping staff. To be of assistance we are temporarily implementing Fluff and Fold service for your non designer daily wear garments until things return to normal. If you are interested in the temporary “Fluff and Fold” service, ask your delivery driver for a price list or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Concerning the Virus Safety Protocol, below is an outline of the steps we are asking our staff and all customers to take to minimize any risk of exposure:
- Return Margaret’s cloth bags for disinfecting. Margaret’s will temporarily discontinue the use of its cloth pickup bags. Please return all bags to your driver. We will disinfect and return them when it’s safe to use them again.
- Use plastic trash bags. In the meantime, please use plastic trash bags with a drawstring. We can supply if you need them.
- Count items in bag and add sticker. Customer is to count items and place in bag themselves. We will supply stickers to be placed on the outside which will identify customer and where you can mark piece count and comments. Feel free to continue to use our Valet Delivery form and place inside bag. Please tie draw string securely as our drivers are not to have any contact with your items.
- Arrival protocol. Keep 6-foot distance. Driver and client or their staff are to avoid any contact and maintain a 6 feet distance. When driver arrives, they will knock or ring and then withdraw from the entrance. Customer can leave bags at the entrance and withdraw so driver can retrieve bags. Best if all interaction is to take place without entering the home.
- 24-Hour Bag Quarantine and 1 week turnaround minimum. We will be quarantining these bags for 24 hours prior to opening. At this time, we cannot process rush orders and all items will be a minimum 1 week turn around.
- If someone in your family/staff has coronavirus, let us know. If customer, their family, or their staff has the virus, or possibly has the virus, we need to know this so we can take extra precautions. Please let us know that prior to our arrival. In that case we will need to quarantine bags for 5 days so turnaround time will be 2 weeks.
- Separate high-risk items from others. The highest risk items are sheets, bedding, and undergarments and should be handled accordingly.
We realize these steps are inconvenient but necessary for the safety of all concerned. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us to discuss. We appreciate your understanding and your business. Stay safe and remember, we are here to help you, your family and staff stay healthy.